Friday, January 23, 2009

Mis Clases

Well I have officially completed week one of actual classes here in Barca, and that has kept me pretty busy. I like most of my classes and all but one teacher is from Spain. Monday through Thursday my first class is at 9 am, so that keeps me on a pretty regular schedule. Each day I have a 3 hour and 45 minute break (SIESTA!), so I usually head home on the metro for a few hours. It only takes about 20 minutes to get from our homestay to IES which is extremely nice. Best part of my week is that I only have Spanish class on Friday and it doesn't start until 2:05.

I am taking Media and Politics as well as Advanced Spanish I on Monday and Wednesday (and Spanish on Fridays). Tuesday and Thursday I am in Contemporary History of Spain, History of the Mediterranean in the Middle Ages and Renaissance, and Language, Culture, and Communication: The Spanish Perspective.

We have no class next Friday, so on Thursday I am flying to London to meet Melissa, who has been in Salzburg, Austria studying abroad with the University of Portland since September. Also my friend Jackie from WSU is studying abroad in London for the semester. My hostel is actually very close to IES Abroad London as it turns out. I'm flying on the famously cheap RyanAir which is an Irish airline. The price of my ticket was 5 Euro each way including taxes as part of a special, but of course they have some additional fees. Though my total was only 30 Euro round trip ($40 US). The only thing is that they fly out of smaller airports, so I have to transfer from Barca to Girona by bus and from Stansted to London proper. All in all flying is pretty cheap and I'm excited to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment