Thursday, January 15, 2009

FOOD


So we found a grocery store about a block away from our apartment and it is pretty cheap. About every other day I buy a baguette and then get some cheese and meat for lunch. It's a delicious money saver. I feel like I am eating a ton here because breakfast is at 9 am and dinner is at 9 pm which means I almost need 2 meals during the day.
Today before our walking tour of architecture we went to a café next to the IES Center and I ordered Chocolate y Bizcochos, little sugar covered baked treats. It was pretty delicious, but the chocolate is so thick you can barely drink it. The top layer in my cup kept solidifying if I didn´t stir it.

Our typical meals start with a vegetable or noodle soup, then we move on to a meat like chicken or beef. After that we have a salad and then some fruitñ however the portions are generally smaller here. One night our senora made a triple decker sandwich with beef, mayo, vegetables, and a fried egg. It was increible! Other entreés we have eaten include a spaghetti with cheese and herbs and a sausage soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment